- Second Republican woman from Arizona to ever serve in the U.S. House of Representatives
- Member of the Energy and Commerce Committee
- Member of the Republican Steering Committee
- Member of the Whip Team
- Founded the Congressional Caucus to Protect Kids
- Served as Republican Co-Chair of the Bipartisan Congressional Caucus on Women’s Issues
- Co-Chair of the Bipartisan Working Group to End Domestic Violence
- Co-Chair of the Congressional Women in STEM Caucus
- Co-Chair of the Crime Survivors and Justice Caucus
- Received a score of 98% from Heritage Action
- Member of the conservative Republican Study Committee and the House Freedom Caucus
Supporting our Seniors
- Introduced legislation to protect Medicare and Social Security for current enrollees, while also preserving these programs for future generations (H.Res. 61).
- Cosponsored the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act (H.R. 6590), which eliminates income taxes on social security benefits, ending the double taxation by the federal government to help increase take home pay for Seniors.
- Cosponsored H.R. 3173 to ensure seniors on Medicare Advantage plans will have their medically necessary items and services approved in a timely manner to most benefit their health.
- Cosponsored and voted YES on the bipartisan SECURE Act (H.R. 1994), which became law in 2019. The legislation amended the Internal Revenue Code to help Americans of all ages prepare for a financially secure retirement. This bill changes the tax code to benefit Gold Star children, seniors and those preparing for retirement.
Securing our Border
- Introduced, passed, and signed into law the United States Ports of Entry Threat and Operational Review Act which requires the Department of Homeland Security to develop a specific plan to detect and analyze threats at our ports of entry (H.R. 6400)
- Introduced a package of six immigration bills to secure our Southern border and combat illegal immigration (H.R. 709).
- Introduced the Securing the Border for Public Health Act, to use Title 42 Public Health Authorities to stop the import of deadly opioids and narcotics.
- Voted for securing our borders, closing immigration loopholes, and protecting our country (H.R. 4760).
- Cosponsored and voted for the remediation of cross-border tunnels (H.R. 4209)
- Cosponsored H.R. 2729, the Finish the Wall Act, to require the Department of Homeland Security to complete the border wall.
- Has traveled to the Southern border many times to see the border crisis and speaks with Border Patrol officials on the ground about what needs to be done to secure our border.
Improving Arizona’s Schools
- Introduced the Make Education Local Act, allowing the states to decide their own education policies (H.R. 557).
- Introduced H.R. 1827, the Students and Teachers Over Politicians Act, or the STOP Act, which terminates the federal funding of presidential campaigns and moves the remaining unobligated funds to the Department of Education to support teachers.
- Cosponsored legislation to create a school safety grant program at the Department of Education to ensure the safety of our schools and students (H.R. 5107).
- Cosponsored H.R. 3163, or the CRT Act, to prohibit federal funding from going to any elementary, secondary school, or institution of higher education that promotes race-based theories like Critical Race Theory.
Strengthening Health Care
- As a member of the Republican Study Committee Healthcare Task Force, developed a robust plan to reform health care for Americans, which would lower costs, increase access and protect innovation and quality.
- Voted against H.R. 3, which would be a complete federal takeover of prescription drugs and would reduce access and innovation to new prescription drugs and cures.
- Cosponsored H.R. 19, the Lower Costs, More Cures Act, to encourage drug and treatment innovation and promote low-cost options through eight bipartisan proposals that keep big drug companies from gaming the system.
- Cosponsored H.R. 8692, the Pre-Existing Conditions Protection Act to protect patients with pre-existing conditions.
Creating Jobs and Economic Growth
- Cosponsored legislation to ensure that middle-class tax cuts in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will be permanent (H.R. 6658)
- Opposed measures to increase the minimum wage to $15/hour and cause 4 million jobs to be lost. This legislation would have disproportionately impacted entry-level workers and students.
- Voted NO on H.R. 842, which eliminates Right-to-Work Laws in states like Arizona and rewards union bosses.
- Cosponsored H.R. 1275, the National Right-to-Work Act, to end the federal government’s ability to force workers to pay union dues as a condition of employment.
Promoting a Strong Military and Caring for our Veterans
- Introduced, passed, and signed into law legislation to rename the Surprise, AZ post office after fallen Navy SEAL Marc Lee. (H.R. 6016).
- Introduced H.R. 765, the VA Medical Center Facility Transparency Act to increase public transparency to our veterans with VA Medical facilities.
- Cosponsored H.R. 4571 to provide mammogram screening for female veterans who served in areas associated with burn pits and other toxic exposures.
- Cosponsored H.R. 4433, which encourages veteran entrepreneurs by advising them about business ownership and best practices for organizing and operating a small business.
- Cosponsored H.R. 6658 to ensure veterans exposed to toxic burn pits can receive care under the VA health care system.
Controlling Government Spending
- Named a Taxpayer Super Hero by Citizens Against Government Waste for her work to cut wasteful spending and defend the interests of taxpayers.
- Voted against Democrats’ radial tax hike and climate bill that would create over $700 billion in new spending and would not solve the sky-high inflation rates.
- Cosponsored H.Res 417, which recognized the national debt as a threat to national security. This resolution recognizes the national debt as a serious national security threat with over $30 trillion in debt.
- Voted against Democrats’ partisan so-called “COVID-19 relief” package that spent $2 trillion despite the fact that less than 10% of the bill went to COVID-19 related measures.
- Cosponsored a constitutional amendment to require the government to balance the budget (H.J.Res. 3).
- Cosponsored H.R. 2056 to establish a three-year budgetary level reduction schedule for unauthorized programs funded through the annual appropriations process and terminate all unauthorized programs after three years.
AZ Senate & House
- Pension Reform for Correction Officers/Probation Officers – 2017
- Legislation that allows patients a way to settle surprise medical bills – 2017
- Historic Pension Reform for Fire/Police – 2016 (voters approved with 70% of vote)
- Eliminated photo radar cameras on state highways – 2016
- Tied Arizona Income Tax Brackets to Inflation – 2015
- Legislation that permits Sun City and Sun City West residents to drive golf carts on the right side of the streets without getting a ticket – 2014
- Historic Tax reform-lowered taxes/regulations on businesses and consumers – 2013
- First ESA School Choice program in nation – 2011
- Prohibit the use of taxpayer dollars for abortions and abortion training – 2011
“True Blue Award”
Family Research Council
“Conservative Excellence Award”
American Conservative Union
“Champion of the Taxpayer”
Americans for Prosperity
“Senator of the Year”
Arizona Chamber of Commerce
“Friend of the Family”
Arizona Family Project
“Golden Apple Award”
Arizona Parents for Education
“Legislator of the Year”
Arizona Republican Party
“Guardian of Small Business”
National Federation of Independent Business
“Freedom Fighter Award”
“Tax Fighter Award”
National Tax Limitation Committee
“Grade-A Immigration Reformer”
“AbilityOne Champion Award”
National Industries for the Blind
Rated 100% by the Center for Arizona Policy
Susan B. Anthony List